BVE5 Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Train Exteriors

Go down

Train Exteriors Empty Train Exteriors

Post  guillyman Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Good day everybody!

I just thought I would post my views on the subject of exterior views in the BVE5 simulator. It appears that for many people, the be all and end all in favour of openBVE is that the user can go outside of his train. Whereas I personally agree that this is good, I would not put this as a high priority. I downloaded BVE in the first place because I wanted to fulfill a childhood dream - to become a train driver. If I want to see a passing train I would go along to my local station, where there are plenty of all different classes to satisfy my urges.

But this in itself doesn't ever allow me to enter a train cab, so I have to achieve my ambition in the virtual world, and for me the way to go is BVE5. Yes, I know that Mr. Mackoy does not appear to have any plans to offer us exterior views at the moment, but he more than keeps me pleased with his excellent cab experience, not to mention passing trains which actually move, unlike in any pretenders to his original simulator. But hey! Instead of turning our backs on BVE5 in droves, why do we not all pull together in support of this still evolving simulator, and maybe, just maybe, Mr. Mackoy might in future offer us what we desire.

For the present BVE5 continues to be written, whereas openBVE has floundered, and despite various people making noises about continuing its development, that appears to be exactly what it seems - just noises. Let us realise that it would be better to offer our support for an ongoing simulator rather than for one which will never be complete.

Maybe you would like to respond with your own views on this subject?

Alan. Smile
guillyman
guillyman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down