BVE5 Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Heritage Material

2 posters

Go down

Some Heritage Material Empty Some Heritage Material

Post  guillyman Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am

I have been talking over some ideas with Ben recently about a heritage project I started over a year ago, namely this one:

Some Heritage Material Scotti10

Ben has taken it further and is working on the coupling rods and valve gear: (which he is seriously welcome to! Very Happy )

Some Heritage Material Jkhdjf11

I have also been given permissions by Don Marshall to utilise any of the fantastic images on his website just here:

http://elegantsteam.com/lner_streamlined_trains.html

so expect to see very soon some BVE5 passing trains from the period which was the heyday of the LNER. A Scotsman with a rake of teak coaches, the Silver Jubilee and the Coronation racing past... tongue

Eezypeazy, mobile1, are you watching...? Smile
guillyman
guillyman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some Heritage Material Empty Re: Some Heritage Material

Post  eezypeazy Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 pm

I do hope these are available as BVE 4 passing trains, too! (ie., bitmaps not png files!).

Looking very good!

eezypeazy

Back to top Go down

Post  guillyman Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Well you never know, eezypeazy! Wink

My problem is that I'm still developing these things in openBVE, (because I cannot deny that what exists is good, although wth a few problems,) then converting it to BVE5. I really need to learn to do things directly in BVE5, but can you write a .x file directly? Maybe one of the commercial 3D editing software is the answer?

And I am very frustrated too. After spending the last couple of years extolling the virtues of .b3d over .csv (less verbose, more efficient in the routes etc) I now find that Mr. Mackoy's BVE4 to BVE5 convrerter throws up an error if it encounters a .b3d file and ignores it. Grrrrrrrr!! I am now forced to eat humble pie, convert all my existing stuff to .csv and write all my future material in .csv.

To that end, by the way, I will shortly upload a small executable "what I wrote" which runs, stays in the background, but....

... when you press the magic hot key it acts as a macro to write the basics of a .csv file in any text editor. You delete the elements you do not want, rather than spend ages typing only to be frustrated by the elusive "typo."

Here is something I've been doing in my odd moments:

Some Heritage Material Corona10

I suppose that means I will have to make a streamlined A4 Pacific to pull it. And a beaver-tailed Observation Car. And animated piston and valve gear. And yes, Ben, the train is articulated in pairs of coaches too. (We do like challenges! Very Happy )
guillyman
guillyman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum