BVE5 Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50027 'Lion' to leave NYMR

2 posters

Go down

50027 'Lion' to leave NYMR Empty 50027 'Lion' to leave NYMR

Post  pedned Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:23 am

A news release from the owners of 50027:

It comes with mixed emotion to inform you all of our intention to quit the NYMR.

As you may be aware the railway has changed recently and for reasons I wont go into, this has stopped us from providing the loco to them in a fully serviceable condition.

Various railways were considered and we have taken up a very good offer from the Mid Hants to base the loco at Ropley. We will be part of the general diesel fleet but with our input we have also been offered some booked / advertised running.

A lorry has been booked to take us back south, this should take place during the middle of next week.

We have made many, many friends during our time in Grosmont and have been proud to feature in some very good diesel galas and loco running on what is probably the UK’s premier line but we feel we have no other option than moving.
pedned
pedned

http://www.jcourse.railfoto.co.uk

Back to top Go down

50027 'Lion' to leave NYMR Empty Re: 50027 'Lion' to leave NYMR

Post  guillyman Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:52 am

Ooh, the old finance problems I wonder? Or security issues? We can only speculate.

And by the way, for a moment I thought you were talking about THIS Lion...
guillyman
guillyman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pedned Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 am

guillyman wrote:Ooh, the old finance problems I wonder? Or security issues? We can only speculate.

Im not sure, so shouldn't really speculate. But I understand the railway have changed the amount of diesel running available, and are also a full time railway, running 7 days a week... The 50 was withdrawn a few years ago, to have minor engine repairs and some bodywork repairs, and has never really had much work done to it, as far as I can understand.

I think the money is there, it's just down to teh amount of "staff" which can be utilised to repair the loco...
pedned
pedned

http://www.jcourse.railfoto.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum