BVE5 Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Basingstoke Cabin

Go down

Old Basingstoke Cabin Empty Old Basingstoke Cabin

Post  guillyman Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 am

I've recently had 180 other things to do Wink but thought I'd take time out to look at converting an object to .x format, and decided on this one:

Old Basingstoke Cabin Old_ba11

It is the old signal cabin which used to be at Basingstoke. Built originally by the GWR, it was "southernised" when the SR took over the running of the station.

The picture was taken from Kevin Robertson's book on GWR signal boxes, and I met the author at an exhibition to ask him permission to use his photo, which was granted. Such material is now only available through these means. The cabin no longer exists, so we have to respect and honour any permissions given by people such as Kevin. It was at about this time that a certain programmer was urging all developers to place their material as open source, and for everybody to disrespect those who didn't. No - I had made a promise to Kevin and intended to keep it. If I had broken my promise to him and others then supplies of heritage material would inevitably have become more restricted.

So! It was mainly the background to this object, coupled with that of another (clue: Pete Waterman) which led me to decide that I was no longer going to be dictated to regarding the status of my work and I made the decision to discontinue my contributions to openBVE. I firmly believe that BVE5 is the way forward and as a team we intend to fill the huge gap in support for this sim on the British stage.

Here is the Signal Cabin object... (Mainly because I haven't worked out how to upload zip files yet!)

Please feel free to use the object, not forgetting of course credits to me and Kevin. Cool
guillyman
guillyman
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum